We offer a wide range of classes for each unique student, with the opportunity to grow and enjoy each class in a learning and nurturing environment.
All new students to VBC age 5 and above take a placement class. Students are then placed into levels based on knowledge, ability, and age. Please contact us via the button below. There is no fee or obligation. Enrollment is open throughout the year. Our registrars will reach out via phone or email to answer any questions and confirm the trial placement class.
Fees & Tuition
- Parents should contact us. Our registrar will then reach out to schedule their student’s FREE Placement class. We offer rolling admission throughout the entire year.
- Tuition rates vary with the number of hours of classes enrolled. Discounts are offered for active duty Military, siblings, and new students.
- For individual class fees & tuition information, please contact a VBC registrar at email@example.com.
Please review our school policies, rules and dress code.
Classical Ballet + Contemporary
Classical ballet and Contemporary classes include Adult & Me (age 3-4), Creative Movement (age 4-5), Pre-Ballet I/II (age 5-7), Beginning Ballet I-III (age 7-11), Intermediate I-IV (10-14), and Advanced (14+ with minimum 2+ years of pointe). All new students to VBC age 5 and above must take a placement class. Students are placed into levels based on knowledge, ability, and age.
Specialty classes include Character, Flamenco, Tap, Jazz and Conditioning.
We have many exciting opportunities for dancers of all ages to condition, create, and explore during our summer programs. Choose from 1 to 7 weeks of classes, intensives, camps, and workshops. Placement class is required for new students to VBC, Pre-Ballet II – Advanced, which can be scheduled by contacting our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling during office hours. More here.
Fantasy Ballet Camp
Designed to capture the creative spirit of our youngest dancers, our ballet-themed camps allow students ages 3-7 to explore movement in ballet and creativity with themed craft projects, dance games, mini classes, and exposure to the music of classical composers. Each session is structured to provide alternating movement and quiet activities and is unique in the theme and activities presented. Sign up now.
Our master classes are offered on a rotating basis. Instructors are masters in areas such as Modern dance, Jazz and Hip Hop.
Adult dance classes include Ballet, Jazz, and Tap. Adults (ages 18 and up) can also take conditioning classes such as Floor Barre, and Yoga.
- Fall Contemporary Modern Performance – Intermediate I – Advanced dancers are invited to participate in Virginia Ballet Company’s annual fall contemporary/modern performance held in October.
- Nutcracker – Pre-Ballet I – Advanced dancers are invited to participate in Virginia Ballet Company’s annual production of Nutcracker held at the end of December. Auditions for Pre-Ballet, Beginning Ballet, Homeschool Dance, and Teen Dance will be held on the last Saturday in August. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
- Spring Classical Ballet Performance – Intermediate I – Advanced dancers are invited to participate in Virginia Ballet Company’s annual spring full-length classical ballet performance held in April.
- Promenade – Designed to showcase our Parent and Me, Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, Beginning Ballet, Teen Dance, and Homeschool Dance dancers, this end of the year showcase is held in June.
- Touring Ensemble – Open to Intermediate II – Advanced dancers, Touring Ensemble provides opportunities for VBC dancers to give back to our community through performances at local festivals, libraries, town squares, parades, military bases, and retirement communities. For more information or to discuss possible performance opportunities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.