Virginia Ballet Company is a non-profit organization established to provide exceptional authentic classical ballet and contemporary dance training. Virginia Ballet Company guides and instills students with the life skills of self-discipline and self-confidence through rigorous training and performance opportunities. We focus on continuing the rich tradition of classical choreography by instructing our dancers on the history of dance, its pioneers, and its methods of instruction.
Virginia Ballet students and faculty value:
- The HEALTH AND SAFETY of our dancers, not just so they can perform, but so they will thrive throughout their lives.
- The RELATIONSHIPS that are built through hard work as a supportive and contributing member of a team.
- The DISCIPLINE that is learned through hard work, disappointment, time management and perseverance.
- The JOY of contributing to the community’s welfare by providing an opportunity to experience exceptional works of performance art.
- Our ART, its rich history, the artists, both performers and choreographers, who have come before us.
- DIVERSITY and respect each other’s differences.