To ensure that all of our patrons have a positive experience when attending theatrical performances, Virginia Ballet Company and School has the following helpful guidelines:
- Absolutely no food or beverages are permitted inside the Ernst Community Cultural Center theater. All beverages and snacks must be consumed in the theater’s lobby before entering or returning to the performance theater.
- All electronic devices (cellular phones, pagers, watch alarms, etc…) should be turned off prior to entering the performance space.
- Noises are quite audible due to the optimal acoustics of the theater. Unwrap lozenges or throat drops before the performance begins, and please keep conversations to a minimum.
- Seat locations printed on your tickets are not guaranteed after the start of the performance.
- Latecomers will not be admitted into the theater once the performance has begun. Patrons who are late to the performance will not be seated until there is an appropriate break or intermission. Refer to Late Seating Policy below for more information.
- If you need to leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be readmitted until an appropriate break or intermission. Refer to Late Seating Policy below for more information.
- Aisles must be kept free of any obstructions for safety.
- Ushers are available to assist you if you experience any discomfort or have any concerns while a performance is in progress. If assistance is needed please notify the nearest usher.
- The safety of our patrons, volunteers, artists and staff is very important. Please take note of the closest emergency exit located near you.
- In the event of an emergency ushers and other members of the staff will advise audience members as to the appropriate procedures to leave the theater as quickly and safely as possible. Patrons needing special assistance should contact the ushers.
- Absolutely No Flash Photography for the safety of the performers – it is blinding to performers when performing on stage.
Late Seating Policy
Virginia Ballet Company and School does not allow patrons arriving late to enter the theater once the performance has begun. Latecomers will not be seated until there is an appropriate break, which will be determined by the Virginia Ballet Company and School’s Management, or until intermission. There are two main reasons for this policy:
- It is very distracting to the performers on stage and may result in an injury.
- It is very disruptive to the patrons that arrived for the performance on time.
If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be readmitted until an appropriate break or intermission. The Ernst Community Cultural Center does have video monitors located in the lobby. Patrons may view the performance from the lobby while waiting to be readmitted.
Please remember to allow a sufficient amount of travel time to arrive at the performance venue at least 20-30 minutes prior to your performance’s start time. Remember to allow for poor weather conditions, heavy traffic, road construction and parking congestion.