2016–2017 Academic Student Curriculum – Pre-professional Classical Ballet Division. Advanced Ballet Classes include Ballet, Pas de Deux, Pointe & Variations, Modern Dance and Core Strength Training.
|Monday||6:15-7:45pm||Pointe & Variations||studio A||Cordova|
|Tuesday||5:15-6:45pm||Core Strength Training||studio A||Harakal|
|Wednesday||7:45-8:45pm||Dynamic Flexibility Strength Tr.||studio B||Siller|
|Thursday||7:45-8:45pm||Pas de Deux||studio A||Fadeyeva|
|Friday||6:15-7:15pm||Hip Hop||studio B||Claytor|
|Saturday||12:30-1:30pm||Practical Dance Theory||studio A||Fadeyeva|
Advanced Ballet Classes Fees & Tuition
Pre-professional Division enrolled students (Intermediate I through Advanced) will be enrolled for the Academic calendar year.
Student Registration Fee (per student): $25.00 (per semester)
Drop in Class fee: $20.00 All classes per hour
September 12, 2016 – June 25, 2017
- Sudents enrolled in ONE class per week must pay academic year tuition in full at registration or prior to first day of classes.
- Academic Students enrolled in two or more classes per week have the option of paying in full or in eight equal installments.
- An installment plan Convenience fee of $40.00 per academic year will be due at the time of registration.
AVAILABLE Tuition discounts include Multiple Sibling Plan, Active Military, Senior Citizen and Early Full Payment. When multiple discounts are available only the highest single discount will be applied. Except for the Multiple Sibling Plan which is honored before an additional discount is added. Some discounts Do Not Apply to the Adult Dance Division.
Virginia Ballet Company – Ballet Performance Company
Total number of classes offered: 18 classes x 20.5 hours per week = $6504.00 per academic year ($813.00, installment plan)
Single class per week: 1 class x 1.0 hours per week = $960.00 per academic year
Minimum number of recommended classes: 15-18 classes x 17.5-19.5 hours
- 5 Ballet class
- 2-3 Pointe/Pointe & Variations class
- 1 Pas de Deux class
- 3-4 Modern/Contemporary class
- 1-2 Dynamic Flexibility & Core Strength Tr. class
- 1 Practical Dance Theory class
- 1 Character class
- 1 Flamenco
- 1 Hip Hop class (elective)
* Virginia Ballet Company students are expected to take the minimum classes above to ensure successful development and performing opportunities. Students MUST be enrolled in at least FOUR ballet classes per week.